Sunday, September 20, 2009

Grandma Quilt Sunday -- Grandmother's Flower Garden

This is another quilt I took a photo of when visiting my mom's parents a few years back. I need to get some details from my mom, but I believe it was her mom's mother who made this one:

My mom still has some scraps of those solids!

For those who don't know this: It is impossible to piece a grandmother's flower garden quilt by machine. (Unless there is some secret I don't know about -- in that case, please share!)
This whole quilt was pieced and quilted by hand!!


It's a true scrap quilt -- and a beautiful masterpiece!

3 comments:

Cyndi said...

That is incredible! I was just at a session with a quilt historian and she had a little mini version of one these with her. It was a pillow case and beautiful. What a precious quilt, thank for sharing!

Whitepiano555 said...

WOW this is amazing.!!! so beautiful.

please feel free to visit my new blog. ^__^
http://pinkykathyblogsale.blogspot.com

willow and moo said...

That is one super amazing quilt!