Friday, July 10, 2009

Flashback Friday -- Boogie Quilt

(Apologies for the not-so-fabulous picture -- it's the only one I have!)

In 2005 my little sisters' dog, Boogie, passed away. He was 16 years old. He was a stinky little gray, curly-tailed mutt -- part Shih-Tsu, part who-knows-what. I never liked him. The feeling was mutual between the two of us. But I can appreciate that he was a very good dog, in his own smelly, insecure, goofy little way. (And I say that with love and good humor, bless his little heart!)

Anyway, he had been a very special little doggie to my sisters, starting with my older sister. When she moved off to college and then got married, Boogie transferred his affections to my little sister. They were pals!

While my little sister was away at college, little Boogie passed away. We knew it was coming, so I started this quilt a few months beforehand:

It's quite difficult to tell, but all the fabrics are swirly, curlicue prints -- just like old Boogie's tail. I machine freehanded little scribble pictures of Boogie in his various famous poses here and there on the quilt. (Wish I had better photos!)

It was one of those make-it-up-as-you-go kind of quilts, and was so much fun to make. I sewed and whacked and sewed and whacked until I liked it!

No comments: