Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spring Cleaning and Sunday Shirts

The past week has been full of Spring Cleaning -- Or, at least, a whole lot of sorting and moving things around and de-junking. Oh, the de-junking! Loads of it. It's therapeutic, I tell you.

My sewing room is changing locations. I am so excited! So, needless to say, the current state of the current sewing room is somewhat, well.... disorganized, to say the least. BUT. I have taken a few minutes here and there to work on a few things!

Around here, I can pretty much only find Sunday clothes at Christmastime. Which means all you get are long-sleeved shirts. So, at the request of my husband, I took two of these:

And turned them into two of these:

Very simple, I know, but it made me happy. I got to use my sewing maching AND my serger, if only for a few minutes. The hardest part of the whole project was getting the boys to put on the shirts so I could mark where to hem them!

Oh, I've also been turning more baby clothes into doll clothes. My sister sent me two of her girls' baby dolls to make clothes for. I will have to do a post later this week!

No comments: