Friday, May 15, 2009

Flashback Friday -- Michael's Quilt

I like making a quilt for each new baby born in my family. (Recently I have gotten behind, though -- between my siblings and my husband's, there have been quite a few babies born in the past year!)

This quilt I made in 2005 for my nephew Michael is one of my favorite baby quilts I've made:

I just love the color combination, and the quilting is perfect with the blocks. It's a very simple quilt block to sew, but with the right fabrics it can be very striking.

It almost gets me excited to start on the five quilts I'm behind on for the past year's nieces and nephews; however, with my own new little one, that will be an impossibility for the next little while!

1 comment:

Andrea Hardman said...

Love it. It is indeed very striking! Do you do the quilting or hire it out?