Friday, September 11, 2009

Flashback Friday -- Blue Quilt

This is the second quilt I ever made, ever. I think I was 13 or 14 years old. It is pieced completely from scraps my mom got from her mother. This is actually round two on the border and backing, too. The first time around I finished it pillowcase-style, sandwiching the backing in there and turning it right side out. The batting got all bunchy, and the original border was not fantastic -- just a very narrow solid blue. So, probably about 10 years ago my mom took it apart, put on new borders, and took it with her to visit her mom. They quilted it together. I believe this is the only remaining quilt I have that was quilted by my grandmother. She did so many for me before she passed away, and all the others were given as gifts to friends and relatives. For that reason alone, this quilt is special to me.

No comments: