Friday, March 25, 2011

Fleece Bomb

Over the weekend I got an email from Adeela of Sew Kool, sharing a link to the Angry Birds she had created. In one of her photos I saw one of the coolest things I've seen in blogland in quite some time -- a fleece bomb!! I knew instantly my boys would absolutely LOVE to have some -- so I asked her for the details. She put together a tutorial for them. (Click here to pop over -- and be sure to tell her hello!) I finally had a little time this afternoon to put a few together. It took me less than an hour to put together three of them. I opted not to do the flame on the end, although my boys have said they would prefer it. Guess I'll be adding that! Since I was making them with materials I had on hand, I ended up using cotton cording (normally used for piping) for the fuse, rather than yarn. I'm happy with how they turned out -- and the boys are ecstatic!

13 comments:

Kristy said...

This is crazy cute! My boys would love these too!!! Maybe the perfect thing for those rough and tumble Easter baskets. :) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That is just plain boy fun!

Melody said...

My daughter's boyfriend loved the angry birds. Guess he probably needs one or 5 of these too.

Pétra said...

Thanks for sharing!

Lorena Guerra said...

i love this idea! very cool.

Ann said...

So do you think I can give bombs for Easter? Thanks for sharing! I guess I should start with the angry birds.

martilindsey said...

What an awesome idea! You can even use them with Mario themed stuff.

Cammie said...

Yummy...literally. Levi liked them.

Adeela said...

It looks great. Thanks for sharing.

♥Adeela♥

"JeanneG" said...

You might use markers to paint the end of the fuse to look like a flame.

Sarah said...

I may have to make these for my son and his daddy...They would love it!!!

ARTwendy ... said...

Hey Care - I'm back ... seems you've gained a few fans!!! My goodness!

amulet88 said...

Your article is great. Take a look at mine. Tricks คาสิโน