Monday, August 10, 2009

More Dollar Store T-Shirts

I've got lots on my list today, so this will be a quick post....

First of all, I wanted to show you just HOW bad these T-shirts look on me.

Here's the before:


And here's another after:

In this photo I am also sporting the "sleep shorts" I made from a size 3X T-shirt. All I did was cut the legs off some old, seriously decrepit pajama pants to the length I wanted, then cut them apart to make a pattern. I cut town the center front, up the center back, and then at the inseam. One pattern piece! I laid it with the bottom of the pattern on the existing hem of the superhuge shirt, cut it out, and whipped it together. Three seams, plus the waistband, and I was DONE! I actually quite like the fit!

Speaking of sleeping:
I also threw together this nightgown, made from two T-shirts. I did the peasant-style top from my tutorial, then took another shirt and cut it across the chest just below the arms. I chopped the hem off the top shirt, then sewed them together. EASY. It's very comfy, and cute to boot!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

What an amazing transformation!

Deborah Raymond said...

That's what I need! I have been looking and looking for something comfortable and with sleeves to sleep in. Thanks

Nicole said...

Clever refashioning. Very cute!

Channyne \ˈsha-nən\ said...

This is so great!! I can't stand tee's but find they don't offer a ton of style in my size... and the crew necklines are too constricting... this is perfect!! Very clever, along with all the other fun things I can't get over you've created from your $ store finds. Thanks for sharing!