Monday, May 4, 2009

Cabbage Patch Clothes

This weekend I just HAD to sew SOMETHING or I would lose my sanity. I made another little shirred shirt for JellyBean (maybe I will show you later?), and then spotted another project:

JellyBean's little cousin gave her a Cabbage Patch doll when she was born.

Here are her original clothes. They aren't super horrible, but I do not love them.


So, I made her a quick little dress to match one of JellyBean's.


I inherited a matching pair of onesies, and decided that one just had to be for the doll!


It turned out really cute! It's my favorite of all the clothes I made for her.


Then there was this infant's mock turtleneck I also inherited -- wrong season for JellyBean.


It made some fantastic two-piece jammies for her doll, though! I used the sleeves to make the shirt (cute ruffly hem, though you can't tell from this photo), and the hem of the shirt for the hem of the pants. the sleeves (again with cute ruffly hem!) are made from the neck of the shirt! Love it!

(Made that doll blanket a couple months ago... It works perfectly for her!)


Then I had to make one more pair of jammie pants out of a scrap of flannel to go with her onesie.

Much better!

3 comments:

Andrea Hardman said...

Super Cute clothes. I wish my girls were more into dolls. Erika and Brooklyn love stuffed animals more than dolls. Oh well.

Cammie said...

What a fun blog! I love seeing your creations. Congrats on the serger, I can't imagine how much you are loving that great invention!

said...

Can you tell me how you made the onesie into a doll size? A tutorial would be great, but I know it takes a lot to make tutorials.