Friday, October 1, 2010

A New Doll Obsession!!!

By now you probably know that, along with many other things, I am obsessed with dolls. Yes, I like making things for baby dolls and for 18" dolls, but my favorite has to be fashion dolls. Especially somewhat odd ones. (Example!)

I also obsess about tiny things. I collect tiny little toys, such as Barbie accessories, quarter machine toys, tiny game pieces, etc. I also collect tiny 2" stuffed animals. I have always loved little miniature versions of just about everything!

Now. I was shopping in the toy aisle the other day (for me, yes, it's ridiculous), turned a corner, and -- my eyeballs just about fell out!!

Tiny Blythe dolls!!!!

These tiny girls are a collaboration with Littlest Pet Shop -- and are SO. STINKING. CUTE.
(Obviously I don't care too much about the pets, but my sisters collect them, so... win-win, right?)
Blythe is quite an expensive girl, but these little ladies are about $13 each, with their little pet friends and a couple more accessories not pictured. They are nicely made; their heads swivel and tilt, their arms and legs move, and their clothes and even their shoes are removable. That's the clincher right there -- wardrobe possibilities!!
Absolutely worth their weight in gold, I tell ya! :o)

Look how little!!!!


Here they are with my regular-sized Blythe, whom I also adore. But, make way, big Blythe! Your little dolly friends are going to need a serious wardrobe!!

I confess, I keep going into my sewing room (where they live) to stare at them.
I LOVE THEM!!

18 comments:

Karen said...

Please, what store did you find these in? One of my daughters has a Blythe doll. I didn't know there were small ones. So cute! Thanks.

Deborah Raymond said...

I am also a huge fan of all things teeny, tiny! These dolls are cute.

Care said...

Karen,

I found them at Walmart, although I think you can get them at toysrus.com as well... They are brand new -- snap them up while you can! :o)

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

Very cute!!!

Mruna Mistry said...

Awesome cute...I love mini stuff and collect it too...

Michelle said...

You are my daughter's new heroine! She stumbled across Blythe dolls online a few months back and has been wanting one, but doesn't have the money. The little ones are SOOO much more within our budget! (And I get to tease her a bit, because she just made sure we all knew that she was too old for Littlest Pet Shop)

Jen said...

I've never heard of Blythe dolls- but they are super cute!

So do you sew their outfits by hand? I can't imagine you have an itty bitty sewing machine to sew them, LOL :)

DB said...

How charming ! I saw one at the local Toys R Us, and thought it adorable - but I'd already spent my limit (Monster High dolls), so I'm happy to see a set of them here !

Can they wear Kelly (Barbie's little sister) clothes ? There's patterns for her out there. Might make a good jump-off point if you decide to design your own. It takes some doing, but you can sew many of Kelly's clothes by machine. Can't wait to see what you do with these lovely little ladies !

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

HOW do they make the clothes!? hehe so cute. :D

Loredana said...

Oh these are so cute. I am 49 years old and I just love dolls too and I love seeing the dolls on the shelves of toy shops. A pity that my daughter is 15 now and not into dolls :( I had a perfectly good excuse before!

Alyssa said...

They now sell the LPS Blythes by their self at target now. You don`t have to buy the pet too.

LittleFuzzy said...

I just went to " Savers " a second hand store, where i can get bags of toys, small stuff, for 2-3 bucks. I gor two bags of Littlest Pet Shop Pets. Included was one Blyth mini which you have. The one with white legs with red dots and a red bodice. Nice blue eyes.

Do tou have ant mini patterns for them?

xoCIGARS.com said...

Beautiful post regarding Blythe doll. I love your posted images and all reviews. I also collected this charming Blythe doll at PIJ. I am really happy to get this doll :D
http://bit.ly/blythejp

xoCIGARS.com said...

Beautiful post regarding Blythe doll. I love your posted images and all reviews. I also collected this charming Blythe doll at PIJ. I am really happy to get this doll :D
http://bit.ly/blythejp

Unknown said...


joker123



ma lay

koko said...


good article I like the information you mentioned.thank you so much

ufa888

Unknown said...


joker123

ยิ่งเล่นยิ่งได้เยอะ

Unknown said...


แทงบอล 168

สนุกสุดก็เว็บนี้