Friday, July 3, 2009

Flashback Friday -- "Ugly" Quilt

I like ugly fabric. But it has to be the right kind of ugly. Take, for instance, this quilt. It is filled with fabrics that, on their own, are completely hideous.


With this quilt I challenged myself to make ugly look good. It was so, SO much fun to make!! The pattern was from an issue of American Patchwork & Quilting, and I believe it was designed by one or both of the ladies from Piece O' Cake designs. (Anyone know for sure?) I think the pattern was called "Tropical Blooms."

Anyway, I have had this one on the wall in one of my guest bedrooms for a while, but decided I loved it so much it needed to be where I could look at it more often. It is currently on the floor in the living room, and is the spot where JellyBean chills and does her tummy time.

This quilt makes me so happy!!

No comments: