Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I-Spy Quilt for JellyBean!

One of my Christmas sewing projects this year!

JellyBean has been wanting an I-Spy quilt of her own... and we had a great time picking out squares together! Each square represents something she likes, something about her, or is something she just plain couldn't live without at the moment we were choosing!

I opted to set all the squares together in rows with no sashing this time... that way we could cram in as many I-spies as we possibly could! There are quite a few of my Ultimate Favorite Squares in there... squares that, until now, were too "special" to use in any other projects!

There is a narrow purple border to frame the quilt, followed by another border of I-spies. She adores it, I adore it, and it is perfect on her "big girl" bed!

:o) HOORAY for I-Spy!! :o)

17 comments:

Rozelle Faulkner said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I'm not sure who would love it more, my little girl or me!

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

That is super cute! And what a great boredom buster bed spread! :) I will have to get into i spy someday! :)

Kay said...

I love it. I can't wait to do my own and play games with it with my grandchildren.

ShirleyC said...

I love it! I really need to start some quilts for my grands.

Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful. You did a fantastic job :)

Fat Chick Adventurer said...

I love this! All the I-Spy quilts I've seen always have sashing and make them look hard to me. I always wondered if people just put them altogether :) Thank you for sharing.

Sew Surprising said...

This is lovely, and the sashing is like the icing on a cupcake, makes it look yum :)

Anonymous said...

I finally finished my first one and I just have to say that I love how it turned out. I followed your 9 patch pattern. Thanks for sharing! Love the purple sashing and I spy border on this one!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I'm almost 20 and I want one for myself!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SuburbanApple said...

I think the watermelons and the ladybugs are mine! So exciting!!

SuburbanApple said...

I think the watermelons and the ladybugs are mine! So exciting!!

Shari said...

What a fun project to do together.

Mermaid Sews said...

Care, inspired by you, I am I-spy obsessed and started a swap (that grew to 2 groups because of interest) we have a few spots left to fill and I was hoping you could help by posting about it. http://midnightmaker.blogspot.com/2012/01/inaugural-i-spy-charm-swap.html

bethmingin said...

How many 4 inch squares should it take to do a twin bed?

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

I'm planning on doing an I-Spy swap soon. Do you mind if I "borrow" your set of rules?

Thanks :)

Unknown said...

I was also inspired to start an I spy swap, with a transportation theme! http://mysweetiepgarden.blogspot.com/2013/09/i-spy-transportation-swap-open.html
Please check it out!