Friday, April 1, 2011

If you're my sister...

If you're my sister and it's your birthday this weekend -- stop reading! :o) I have two sisters with birthdays this weekend. Lucky for me, they both love Littlest Pet Shop* and therefore have been wanting some little 4" LPS Blythes. Hooray, an excuse to make teeny-tiny clothes! (Not that I *need* an excuse, but -- ya know!)

I put together these little cuties for L. I had so fun picking out things that would coordinate nicely for some mix-and-match. I attached each piece to one small sheet of cardstock with a tiny stitch here and there. All she has to do is snip the thread on the back and pull all the outfits off. Instant tiny wardrobe!


These ones are for K. I sent her a doll as well, and the pieces of the doll's original clothes will also coordinate well with the little pieces I made. I know that she (and her daughter, if she shares!) will have a great time playing!


One more thing:
I just realized today that I never posted a photo of all my tiny Blythes on the new shelf my husband helped me install above my sewing table. Here they are -- all 20 of them! (NOT THAT I'M OBSESSED OR ANYTHING!) It makes me so happy to have them there with me while I am sewing! *Perhaps obsessing about cute little tiny toys runs in the family? Hee hee!

7 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

This is super-cute! I love seeing what gets people's creative juices flowing. Your Blythe shelf is AWESOME! I should do something like that with my plushies! :-)

Betty Lou said...

I don't know how you do it----they are so tiny, but so cute, and very well dressed.

ARTwendy ... said...

Ok Care ... you are v clever making all the mini dolls clothes things & yes they are exceptionally well dressed! ... just don't "get" the Blythe thing that seems to have exploded all over the world ... I still love reading all about & I missed you terribly when I was without internet ... maybe my perspective is stalled currently on dinosaurs, trains, cars & planes? xx Keep it up!

Lyndsey said...

Oh wow what a great collection!

Anonymous said...

where on earth are you getting these tiny blythe dolls? i have a friend who would die if she saw these... -erin

Amy said...

There's something about little things like that that make us obsessive! :)
Did you see these links on One Pretty Thing?? http://bellasartes.blogspot.com/2011/03/retro-owl-hat-for-blythe-free-pattern.html and http://www.gleefulthings.com/blog/?p=508 Thought of your dolls when I saw them! :)

Shabby Soul said...

I have never even heard of Blythe dolls! Your teeny tiny clothes are soooooo cute! They would even make a cute wall decoration on that cardstock!