Thursday, July 29, 2010

Doll Stroller -- Before and After!

JellyBean LOVES to play "dollies," and of course a doll stroller is an integral part of play. She inherited this stroller, which is in excellent condition and works just fine. It's just... not really that cute!

I searched my stash, looking for a fabric that would A) be CUTE!, B) go with the dark blue frame, and C) go with the white twill tape I planned to use for the trim.


Ta-Da! The perfect fabric, and it was ON HAND!

To make the new seat, I simply traced the old one to create a pattern. It was constructed very simply, and creating the pattern wasn't difficult at all.


I pressed twill tape in half lengthwise (like the trim for this project), and used it to bind all the raw edges.


I did include a seatbelt, which currently drives JellyBean crazy. It's easily tucked out of the way, though -- and she can use the seatbelt when she's older and it's easier for her.

Sometimes you just need a quick, instant-gratification project -- and this one certainly fit the bill. A lot of cuteness for very little effort!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I think that is so much cuter for all of Jelly's doll babies!

Erin said...

awww! I did the exact same thing with a sad looking goodwill dolly stroller, some cute fabric, and some bias tape. My kids love it!

Stephanie said...

Adorable!

Garilyn S said...

I need to do this for my daughter's doll stroller. It tore an needs a replacement. Oh, so much to do and se little time!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

so adorable! love the fabric!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I can't tell you how many times I remade our doll stroller! It lasted through four children (yeah, my boys used it to cart around stuffed monkeys and Transformers) with frequent updating.

Jen said...

Oh my gosh that turned out so great! It's adorable Care, and I'm sure Jelly Bean is having so much fun playing with her new stroller :)

Papgena Made It said...

Oh lovely! And your daughter will love the belt detail (just wait and see)! I do know that feeling (instant gratification), on the other day I turn a top swimsuit in 2 bottom swimsuits for two dolls and my daughter couldn't be happier! :D (and I was too, of course! and all it took was 15 minutes!)

Anonymous said...

Good morning. I am very happy with your blog. Your blog is full of joy. please come back