Enter the I-Spy version of the Ticker Tape quilt!
I've been saving oodles of I-Spy scraps ever since I first started collecting I-Spies years ago. Like many other quilters, I just can't get rid of even the tiniest little scraps, especially if they are super cute ones. This was the PERFECT project to make a dent in my overflowing I-Spy scrap bin!
The finished quilt is approximately 36"x45". I used all fabrics I had on hand -- with the exception of the binding, for which I had to go buy this morning. (Only 1/4 yard, though!)
I pin-basted my quilt sandwich FIRST -- white on front, a print on back, and batting sandwiched in between. The raw edge applique and quilting were done simultaneously when I free-motion stitched each scrap in place.
I've got the quilt in the wash now, and can't wait to see those raw edges all frayed up and texture-y!