Friday, April 30, 2010

Eleventh Hour Spring Top Week Entry!

Here's my entry for Spring Top Week at Made by Rae. Yes, the deadline is one hour away! Yes, I only started it this morning! And YES, the only way it ended up getting done was because Susan sat next to me and practically forced me at gunpoint! (ha ha! Really though, Susan, THANKS for your help -- it is the only way it was ever going to happen!)

Let me just say, sewing apparel is not my strong point. In fact, it scares the living daylights out of me! But I SURVIVED! And I think my top is wearable!


Then, of course, being loopy and crazed after surviving the creation of this top whilst juggling, wrestling and wrangling five children (who may or may not have watched two movies during the process), we had a very goofy "photo shoot" outside in the wind. Hey, you've gotta take ADVANTAGE of wind in a photo shoot, right??

...somewhat embarassing...


...even more embarassing!

But it was really funny at the time!
Oh dear.
I am sure I will regret posting these photos!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I have a top like this that I got at Pike Place Market- I love the twist over thingy-ma-bob. It is so flattering (especially post-baby, which I am). I'd love to see a tute on how to do this style- LOVE it!!!

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

Love the shirt, very cute! I'd love to see a tute as well.

Care said...

Oh yeah -- forgot to mention --

It's New Look pattern #6940.

The twisty knot-dealy thingy was actually pretty easy to do!

Anonymous said...

Good job, sure was nice of Susan to keep you company:)

Stitchnmom said...

The shirt looks great!!! I may have to pick up that pattern to add to my collection of things I want to make for myself...eventually!!! LOL

Susan said...

You forgot to mention that is was very, very cold wind! And we were laughing so hard its amazing that all of the photos weren't blurry and cockeyed. The shirt really did turn out well-you should be proud! No one would guess that you made it, and thats the real test of apparel sewing!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

Great job! I don't think a single clothing item I've sewn has ended up getting any use in my wardrobe!. Don't worry about the pics - it's good to see you. :)

Su said...

I LOVE it!! And it looks (and sounds) as though you and Susan had a blast with the photoshoot!!

Ms Muffin said...

Love the shirt! And I think the photos are really funny! Nothing to regret! :-)

Andrea said...

Love the style!

I have a weekly Thursday blog party especially for people to share things they've made to be worn. Stop by if you'd like!

TheTrainToCrazy.com