It's that time again!!
The last swap was so much fun, and I'm still completely obsessed with I-Spy, so... To help stay sane during the "lovely" month of January, my sister-in-law Susan and I are heading up another I-Spy Fabric Swap!
Mail 200 squares to me by February 3rd.
Get 200 squares back, all different, by Valentine's Day.
1. In order to keep our sanity, we are keeping this swap small-ish. The first 18 people to comment are in. [If you live outside the U.S., no problem -- but please mail your fabrics a little earlier so there's plenty of time to meet our deadline!]
2. Cut 20 4" squares out of each of 10 different novelty print fabrics. A 1/4-yard cut or fat quarter will get you 20 4" squares, so you will be purchasing a total of about 2 1/2 yards of fabric. This is NOTHING when you think about all the different squares you will be getting back!
3. In order to avoid duplicates, everyone will need to search out unusual or obscure prints. Look for things that aren't available at chain stores. But, please, pick FUN ones! If you love it, the other swappers will love it too!
4. Remember that we are looking for fabric with objects on it, not printy-prints. (A fabric with FLOWERS on it is very different from a FLORAL PRINT.)
5. No "licensed" prints: No Disney, Dora, L.A. Lakers, etc.
6. Remember seam allowances! Be sure you can tell what you are looking at within a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square. Nobody wants only half of an object in their square -- cut them well! (Depending on your fabric choice, you may need to buy more than 1/4 yard in order to get an object into each cut square.)
If you want to join me in this obsession, leave a comment here that includes your email address!!
FIRST 18 commenters are IN!