Monday, December 28, 2009

I-Spy Quilt and Game

I managed to complete an I-Spy quilt that I love! This one went to my sister-in-law and her family for Christmas.

I used 143 "spies," alternating with a very friendly blue fabric with lime green dots.


Simple construction, but it really shows off those I-spy squares!

I didn't manage to take any pictures of them, but I also included a bunch of cards listing things to look for in the quilt to make it a family game. Examples are:

Things you might see in the sky
14 birds
Things that fit in your pocket
Hot things
Cold things

I tried to make two categories -- fun groups of simple things for the littler kids to look for, and some slightly more obscure or abstract things for the older kids to look for.


I also added each family member's name to a block that represents them in some way!

It was such a fun project! I hope they enjoy it!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow good job I need to finish my I spy quilt.

Super Angie said...

This is amazing!!!! Perfect gift idea.

Hashi said...

This is fabulous! I have made I-Spy lap quilts but never something this ambitious. Great job!

AngelinaMagdelina said...

We love it. I wish I did look like that hot girl on the scooter.
Love you,
-A

Shannan said...

So cute!!

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

When you sew a one-patch like this, do you do it in rows?

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I've never heard of this idea for a quilt. What a great idea! You have me thinking now....

Carrie said...

I love it! I'm curious to know how you quilted it. I couldn't tell from the picture. Did you stitch in the ditch?

Anonymous said...

There is no way I will ever make one so big, but I think I might try a baby blanket sized one. It is such an awesome idea. I can't wait to see what everyone does with their 200 squares.

Lisa said...

I really need to finish mine! Er, my son's. I love the idea of making a list of what's in it and then maybe little cards to make a game of it.

Blanket America said...

Children love to have these in their rooms...to cover themselves and also play with them.Lovely patches for the quilt.The design is really unique.

charity

Manda said...

Did you use a special pen to put the names on it? How did you quilt this?