Monday, June 29, 2009

Juice Pouch Belt -- Tutorial

"Don't put your garbage to waste, put it on your waist!!"
(Wow, that was lame! Many apologies!)

Here are the supplies you will need:
~ Juice pouches
~ Two belt O-rings or D-Rings
~ Monofilament thread
~ Scissors (don't use your good sewing scissors!)

STEP ONE: Wash and rinse your juice pouches

STEP TWO: Cut them in half lengthwise and dry them thoroughly

STEP THREE: Line them up end-to-end, overlapping them, and sew using a zig-zag stitch.

STEP FOUR: Fold in half lenfthwise and sew together (you can do either zig-zag or straight stitch here)

STEP FIVE: Fold the end over your rings and sew as close as you can to the rings. (I did two rows of stitching here for strength.)


Too chicken to wear your garbage?

Use it to tie around your sleeping bag for those summer campouts....

....or to take Fido for a walk!


casserole said...

Very cool!! I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:

emsres said...

Awesome! Can't wait to make these for my daugther and her friends. Maybe even one for me if I have enough pouches!! Thanks for the great tutorial.

Heather - - said...

That's totally cute! :)

Aimee said...

I was wondering if you can use something besides fruit pouches? :) I love this idea!

disa said...